Claim Reimbursement Process
What is a claim?
It is financial reimbursement made to you or your service providers for medical services rendered.You may claim for reimbursement if you paid for your own treatment. Payment will be made in line with scheme rules and applicable tariffs. Submit your claims within 4 months of the treatment or service.
You have a choice of where to obtain medical services (locally, regionally and internationally) in line with your health plan.
If you are not sure whether a treatment or service is covered by your health plan, please contact our call centre on +267 (36) 33 100 for clarification.
To claim a refund, you will need to submit the following:
- Member needs to fill out and submit a completed Member Claim Form
- All original invoices and receipts for the treatment or service and you can post all invoices and receipts to: P O Box 632, Gaborone, Botswana (original documents) or email to email@example.com (scanned copies of original documents)
- Bomaid does not reimburse for VAT
- The amount refunded is subject to the limitations of the member’s benefits under their scheme
- Refunds may not exceed the published Bomaid service provider tariffs
How it Works
Service Provider Claims
These claims are submitted by the service provider, but it is the member’s responsibility to ensure the details are correct. Payments will be deducted from your Bomaid account, and are subject to the same conditions as member claims.
View our list of registered doctors and service providers who claim directly on your behalf.